Thursday, April 19, 2012

Picture Post: Catch Up


1 It is good to praise the LORD 
   and make music to your name, O Most High, 
2 proclaiming your love in the morning 
   and your faithfulness at night, 
3 to the music of the ten-stringed lyre 
   and the melody of the harp.

 4 For you make me glad by your deeds, LORD; 
   I sing for joy at what your hands have done. 
5 How great are your works, LORD, 
   how profound your thoughts! 
6 Senseless people do not know, 
   fools do not understand, 
7 that though the wicked spring up like grass 
   and all evildoers flourish, 
   they will be destroyed forever.

 8 But you, LORD, are forever exalted.
Psalm 92:1-8



How embarrassing.  I haven't posted in over a week.  I thought about apologizing, but then I realized all the thing's I have done since posting my last blog:
 I've had a skype date with the cutest little girl niece and best dad.
(The rest of the family was there - this picture was priceless - look at poor Charlie the kitty!)

 Been to the park enjoying the AMAZING sun and fresh (ish) air and meeting crazy squirrels like this one, who have a fondness for goldfish.  

 Completed my Youth Ministry Leadership Initiave course, complete with a ceremony and certificate.  (You know it's official then!)  Look for more on this hopefully this weekend.  It's a long (but GOOD) story that needs sharing.

 Drooled over trying to figure out how to do this to my space...wouldn't it be AWESOME?

 Eaten the BEST (and cutest) ham sandwich ever.  And tried Pimento Cheese (and loved it!)

And taken a moment to look at the wonders our God has created.

In addition to these lovely pictures, I've also been:
-Finishing scholarship applications
- Turning in Hebrew Exegetical Papers (whew!)
- Learned how to type in Hebrew on my computer for said paper
- Filling out paperwork for returning to school
- Registering for classes (Greek Summer 2012!)
- Writing a sermon
- Working on a grant proposal for the CTS community
- Having Inter-Seminary conversations (stay tuned for more!)
- Taking time to hop on the treadmill (feeling good about this!)
- Engaging in AWESOME conversations that make my heart happy and remind my of why God has called me here to CTS

So, I've been keeping busy.  Not the overwhelming "Ican'tcatchmybreathandhavenoideahowIamgoingtosurvive" busy,
 but most sure engaged in my school work and more. 

As the school year comes to a close, I'm finding myself reflecting more and more on this year so stay tuned for some musings.  

Blessings to you all!

Prayer: Heavenly God - it IS good to praise your name.  Help us to never let that name leave our lips or our hearts.  We treasure your great works, your love for ALL your people. and the greatest gift you gave us of all, your Son. It is in your holy name we pray, Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment