Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Picture Update

 I really thought I would be able to get some work and blogs done while I was away for 2 weeks at Montreat. When some people hear that, they laugh.  I didn't get much "work" done, but I worked in another way.  I got to know the amazing-incredible-hilarious-spontaneous-loving-thoughtful-surprising-fantastic youth of UPC.  And their awesome adults who willingly give up their time to spend with them at Montreat.
The whole "being at Montreat" is a bonus, but seriously.  
These are some youth who are gonna change the world.  
I mean, they're changing it now,
but, just you wait. 
So, until I get some other things down on paper (like a sermon, and some school work paper type things), enjoy some pictures from my time at Montreat for the Youth Conference and for the Worship and Music Conference. 

 The beloved gate.
 
 How gorgeous is this creek?
**note...falling asleep to rushing water isn't as much fun as I imagined...**


 Wonderful music at Youth Conference; led by Jorge & Turner!


 
 WE DID A COLOR RUN
WE DID A COLOR WALK
WE DID A COLOR PRANCE!



Chalky Chacos.


 This was such a fun activity!
 One of the adults took these photo's...he's good. 

 Twins*
(Well, up until you decide to have a Katy w/ a "y" or a Katie w/ an "ie")
These youth have such a great attitude!
 

  I had the privilege to be a part of a small group, just as a boring adult leader.  It was so much fun, and some amazing conversations were had within our "small small" group. 

My awesome "small small" group I was a part of.  We did just about the funniest drawing of Moses I've ever seen/done/been witness to. 

The "OMG" is my favorite response EVER of Pharoah's daughter finding Moses. 




 Birthday girl!



On the final night, there's a tradition of a candlelight service at the Youth Conference.  It was just as moving as it was the first time I was a part of it, five years ago. 




 

I SAW A DEER...outside the kitchen window. 


I didn't see the bear, but I saw the trash he left. (Rude, I know.)

 Lovely day for a canoe trip around Lake Susan!

 
Some nature photos. (Sometimes I felt like I was a part of Ferngully.)

CTS Worship Professor Kim Long was our Liturgist at Worship and Music! 

 Totally worth the steps to sleep at this house and sit on the front porch. 

 These youth are so talented. 
Statue of Liberty...Montreat Style
Muscle Man


Youth at work:


 
 If someone is wearing tie-dye, they're our group.  We were pretty tie-dye-licious. 



 I feel like we ate a gallon of ice cream...each...



 Fellow CTS'er directing the handbells!

 Semi-typical night with the youth. 

The moon on our last night.   

 This was waiting for me; how awesome and appropriate is that?  (#bestmomever)

Awake, my soul!
Awake, O harp and lyre!
  I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
    I will sing praises to you among the nations.
For your steadfast love is as high as the heavens;
    your faithfulness extends to the clouds.
Psalm 57:8-10 

1 comment:

  1. The pictures speak a thousand words of God's world and His love.

    ReplyDelete