Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pre-Midterm Week and Midterm Week

Proof I am alive and well!!! (and slightly vain...)

Hello friends!  Long time no speak!  I bet you might have been wondering what I have been up to (and even if you didn’t, I like to pretend my adoring fans do!).  Let me tell you, I’ve been up to lots.  

Study break photo - Words w/ friends and my poster.
Ok, slight exaggeration.  It feels like my head has been hidden behind books for the past week, mainly in preparation for my midterms, though I did sneak a non-required book in.  This last week I also had a light bulb moment with Hebrew which was much needed and reaffirming to my studies.  Something I love about midterms- the study group aspect!  I don’t know why I didn’t have more of these in undergrad!!  It is just amazing to sit and compare notes on what we all picked up in our exactly the same class and to take it a step further (do we dare?!?) and dive deeper.  I feel very blessed here at CTS to have people willing to sit down with ADD me and work through weeks of notes.  I am very blessed.

The scripture reading today on www.d365.org ** was this:
Happy are those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or take the path that sinners tread, or sit in the seat of scoffers; but their delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law they meditate day and night. They are like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper.
Psalm 1:1-3
 I found this ever so appropriate in my studying and taking of midterms and am ever prayerful I am on the prospering track.  As I continue to prepare for my exams, I will strive to remember the “delight in the law of the Lord” and be happy. J
What my rooms looks like from studying!
(Don't worry mom, I'm going to pick it up!)

Prayer:
Lord God, you are the Holy of Holies; you freely love and provide for us, your disobedient children.  Help us to not stray and take the path the sinners tread, even though it looks more fun, easier, and possibly even prettier.  Help us to remain with our eyes fixed on you so that we may prosper and be all that you so lovingly and fully believe we can be.

**If you are looking for a great (and easily accessible/brief) devotional, check out www.d365.org.  I’ve used it before and find myself going back!


 www.d365.org

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad things are going well and I know you're going to kick some mid-term booty!! Can't wait to see you again...I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete