Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Food Pictures, #3

Y'all, I'm still eating delicious food.  (Well, most of the time.)

Sticky Toffee Sponge with custard.  Because one should really indulge sometimes. 


Gammon with parsley sauce (I HELPED CHOP!), green beans, and dauphinoise potatoes (I SLICED THEM!).  This is from the Church Dinner we helped prepare for and attended outside of Stowmarket. 



We drink some tea and coffee over here.


Whoever said, "hmm, cauliflower?  We should fry that!", you are a brilliant person.  Whoever said, "hmmm, mushy peas?  We should make that!", you are not a brilliant person. 


Best idea ever: take Treacle and add bittersweet chocolate. 



Aubergine & Lemon Soup.  
(Google aubergine)


We weren't sure if we should eat the stem looking thing.


Crumble for the win. 


 I called this, "Bird's Nest". (Meringue, compote, pecans, and cream. No birds.)


 Comfort food.


 Traditional pub fare in the booth where the DNA discovery was announced! (And mulled over with beverages...)


 Blurry photo of a DELICIOUS meal cooked with love!


 Potatoes on pizza? I'll bite!


 China Town in London. So good. 


 Don't judge me on my lack of knowledge to conquer chopsticks. It's more a lack of coordination. 


If you find yourself by the Judicial Courts in London, go to Seven Stars.  IT IS AMAZING AND SO DELICIOUS AND QUIRKY.

 Parmesan Risotto. 


 They called this Southern Fried Chicken - add cumin and a curry sauce, it is!  
(It was wonderful.)


 Moroccan Pie. Tasty. 



 Julia's comfort food - AMAZING INDIAN.  (The naan was soooooooo goooood.)


 My comfort food. (Thanks, Mom!)


We had ribs tonight.  With some grilled corn.  This makes me so excited to spend my summer in Texas this year, but I will miss how North Carolina does ribs, which I discovered last summer. 

Just as many of these meals for me where in fellowship with ones I love, I pray you are able to gather around the table with good food, friends, and in fellowship.  And in remembering the abundance I have in both food and friends, I pray we remember those who are lacking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment