Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Up to My Neck in Numbers

I meant to have some picture posts up while I was off having adventures with MY AWESOME MOTHER AND SISTER who flew all the way over here for some tea, but of course, it didn't happen. 

That's ok. 

We had a wonderful whirlwind of a time in Cambridge, Salisbury, and London.  We drank tea, walked, ate some of the best meals EVER, walked some more, went to museums, saw the sights, worshiped, and walked even more.  
And after this great time together, I find myself utterly exhausted and sitting next to piles of books and papers that need to be turned into essays.  And I have another adventure booked this weekend.  Oh boy!


Here's a look at some numbers:
 
I've already had 65 days here.
I've got 40 until I fly home.
I've only got about 8 more of classes.
There's 4 days in The Netherlands this weekend.
There will be 9 days spent going to Iona, Scotland.
There will be 12 spent going to France for Taize (with a trip to Paris).  
And of course, some extra days to work on the 3- 3,000 word essays as well. 


Needless to say, the days are moving quickly! 

So, for your enjoyment and amusement, I've found a song that just about perfectly sums up where I am in the getting things done phase. I hope it brings a smile to your face (as it does for me) and helps you remember even in the middle of doing what seems overwhelming at times, there is time for a laugh and some silliness. 




The poem is originally by Shel Silverstein, but Johnny Cash does a good job of performing it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment