Sunday, February 9, 2014

Food Pictures #2


Round Two of Pictures of Food I've Been Eating.
(Try to contain your excitement...I know...)


Meet Jacket Potatoes, what many might consider a staple of the diet over here.  I was halfway through mine before I thought of getting a photo.  What Americans might call a "Baked Potato", these things are delish.  Toppings include: tuna with mayonnaise or baked beans (really a staple in the diet over here). I added some sharp white cheddar and itwassodeliciousandperfectandyes.
(Also, these are considered a "light option" and perfectly perfect on a cold day.)

One of the tastiest Croque Madame's I've had in forever.
(Dear Arteries, I had salad alongside this heck of a grilled cheese, so don't worry.)   

I'm just going to throw this out there - not a big "eat the skin of the fish" fan.
 Isn't it beautifully plated though?

This dessert may look simple but I have a feeling it takes a pro to make it just right.  It's a shortbread cookie with what I would call lemon pudding except WAY creamier and way more tasty. Imagine the creamiest texture ever with  just a hint of refreshing lemon, and bam. That's it.
Pretty sure it's fat free too...#false.



A traditional Carvery!  (Minus some meats and the gravy.)  This is kind of a traditional Sunday meal.  This meal reminded me of our lunches at Luby's after church growing up.   


Olaf posted this, but here it is again - the haggis.  The right side is real haggis, the left side is vegetarian.  I loved the veggie option.


Here is some fish again with some lovely cabbage/green beans/parsnips.
(You can't tell, but it still has it's skin too...)



WE HAD PECAN PIE.
 Everyone tried to call it nut pastry, but you can't fool me.  It was quite nice.  Many people don't like pecans (WHAT?!!?!?!?!?) and were surprised to hear me mention how I've grown up with pecan tree's (and those tasty tasty nuts) just about my entire life.



The Meals I Create with My George Foreman Grill
On the weekends, I have some fun creating meals with the only kitchen tool I have. 
(Ok, I do have a microwave.)


Mozzarella, grilled yellow pepper, spicy pepperoni with some marinara.

Grilled chicken salad. 


Local cheddars and bell peppers. 

I made this amazing one today with an egg (!) and spinach.  Of course, I thought I took a picture, and I didn't. Such is life. 

I'll leave you with a picture of the "Pink Wafers" which are actually vanilla flavored but pink.  

Apparently, flamingos love them. 


I'm working on getting my thoughts together on an written post, so stay tuned for that.  

Blessings, and Happy Olympic Watching, 
Katy

1 comment:

  1. I'll take a slice of that pie please!!! <3 Miss you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete