Saturday, February 15, 2014

Olaf's Adventures, #3

Hi there! I've been up to some fun, seeing new sights, looking at really cool things, and just enjoying being able to take it all in!  Look what I've been up to!

 On our walk to Jesus Green, we pass by the River Cam.  Due to all the rain, it's been moving!


 My new friends.  (One of them is a USB!)


 We were excited to see The Westminster Confession.  Like, SUPER EXCITED.


 This isn't the manuscript, but it is one of the first printed editions.  (It's older than the USA!!!  1646!)


I was practicing my runway walk.  Afterall, it was Fashion Week. 


Remember that wall from a few weeks ago?  It's now a lovely purple!  How nice!


 Tutor Group snacks for the win!  (Katy got an AMAZING CARE PACKAGE with some American candies.  Everyone LOVED it!)


 Pretty sure this shirt is all about me.  


 And this one is quite hilarious too.  


 So, they take fire safety pretty seriously here.  Every Friday at 9:00am, they test the alarms.  Four times.      So, safety first, y'all. 



Here I am in class!  Gospel and the Western Culture - it's taught by Paul Western and it is quite exciting.  I think Katy is having her mind blown or at least broadened in this class.  


 YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT I AM DOING IN THIS ROOM!  Katy's tutor group went to the University Library to look at some Bible manuscripts. This is a manuscript containing the Gospels from about 900 AD.  (900!)  It's in Greek and printed on goat skin.  I think Katy's going to include a blog on this soon...


In other news, I found my dream job.  I want to just be in a room with books.  Old books.  Ancient books.  In a variety of languages, from a variety of times and places.  



 Seriously, it is just so wonderful.  The care and effort put into recording these stories and keeping them alive is just so impressive. 



 Here I am hanging out on the mail wall.  


 Here I am with my koozie. 
(It's really more for decor because they don't do can's like we do back home.)



 We got some post-it notes!  Woo hoo!



 Katy used to work at a place where they sold these little erasers.  We had no idea they were this popular. 


 Look at all these animal friends!  (There's a kangaroo!)


This is part of an advertisement for a student travel business.  They are marketing on exactly what these students (ok, everyone who is involved with social media in a weird way) secretly fear.  (Ok, not so secretly).  Good for them to just name it and target it. 


Finally, we got some mail and it just made our heart sing!  

Until we meet again, 
Olaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment