Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cambridge, Day 1 (and 1/2)


Good Morning to my stateside friends!
Good Afternoon to those of you on this side of the ocean!

I made it!  I navigated two three airports, one underground train, and a national rail ride and even a payphone.  The end result?  I'm here!  I was greeted by my friend Catherine (and met some new ones!) and let me tell you, it was WONDERFUL to be greeted by a familiar face.  

Front of the Westminster, well, most of the front...
Westminster is a busy place - they are finishing remodeling much of their space.  My room (described as posh!) is just perfect and meets just about every need I could imagine.  I'm currently sitting at my desk, drinking a cup of coffee, and looking out the window which shows the roundabout in front of the college. 

Olaf loves the bathroom. 
I journeyed to the center of town to purchase some towels at a place called "TK Maxx".  (If that sounds familiar to you, yay!)  Needless to say, I was quite proud that I was able to find my way there and back, and was so grateful for my rain jacket as the storms came and went.   
 
It's not messy!  Just unpacking.  (And my bed IS made!)
Everyone here at the college has been so friendly and helpful, even when my brain seems fuzzy and I can't string together sentences (thank you, jetlag).  The Intensive classes start tomorrow and I will begin with Godly Play.  I'm looking forward to creating a routine of sorts and getting settled.  

I will let you know that I'm not the only new student here, this gentleman started this week as well.   We're in different programs, of course, but still kind of neat. 

Prince William starts classes at St. John's College

Blessings, 
Katy

1 comment:

  1. YAY! A word from across the pond. And making memories already. A classmate currently known as Prince, eh?

    ReplyDelete