Monday, January 20, 2014

Olaf Explores Westminster


Olaf here! 
 I had fun this weekend exploring the college and having some pictures taken. 
 Take a look!

Westminster has been undergoing some remodeling and it looks fabulous!  It's been a busy place, full of the noises, smells, and stuff that comes with the work.  It's been fun to see everyday how much is getting accomplished!  

At the top of the stairs! 


Katy can never remember if these are pull or push doors, so it is quite hilarious at times, watching her try and open them. 


Yay safety barriers!  Keeping people (and me!) safe!


This is some kind of neat elevator, for a chair of some sort.  I saw them testing it today...looks neat!


 Here I am in the Common Room.  Students tend to gather here to watch TV (we watched Sherlock!) or to just hang out.  There is also a book auction that happens...woo hoo!


 This is what they call the Communal kitchen. Katy has cooked a few things in here.  It was quite funny watching her figure out the symbols on the oven.  Who knows if she used it correctly - it cooked her food, so yay!  


 I felt so cool being hung up here...might  have broken a rule though!  Katy looks here for announcements and most importantly, for the menu!


 Speaking of food - here is the dining hall!  This picture doesn't do it justice...it is gorgeous and big!  


 This is the chapel.  Katy goes here every morning and afternoon.  The stain glass is very colorful and detailed. 


 (see?  I told you it was detailed and colorful.)

(I'm not in these pics, but wanted to make sure you could see what  the chapel looks like!)

And a special announcement:

We moved!  

 While we were more than comfortable in our previous room and thought it quite perfect, a room with a kitchenette was made available.  It is like our room plus an extra side of a room, with a mini fridge, cupboards, and a george foreman grill (whatever that is!).  Katy is SUPER excited and I'm pretty happy too. 

 (I was so excited, I had to lay down for a moment.)

 Here's a comfy spot!  Time for tea!

 I can't wait to see what Katy cooks up on her weekends here! 

 Saturday we journeyed to a favorite place from the states, Starbucks!  Katy was pretty pumped to see her cards from the states worked here.  It was nice to have a little bit of "home".  And the latte was quite tasty too. 


 Public Service Announcement:  I LOVE Mark & Spencers.  (I think Katy is pretty in love with it as well...) It was like a foodie's wonderland.  And we'd gotten a fresh eccles cake from a baker outside of this shop.  


And finally, I've found a good friend.  We might be in love.  Recycling AND squirrels? 

 Yes, please!

Until my next adventure, have a lovely day!

-Olaf

No comments:

Post a Comment