Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm So Excited!

If you have never really met me, there are probably a few things you should know about me:


1) I get excited easily.
Me, excited about Chapel on the Hill at Mo-Ranch, Hunt, TX


2) I get excited a lot (My 7th grade English teacher told me to never us a lot, but tonight I am!)


Cousin so excited about chocolate cake!

3) I get excited over what some might see as mundane topics.
So excited to be "flying".

4) When I get excited, it most often involves a higher intonation of my voice and most likely hand gestures; rapid hand gestures.
I come by it honestly.  (Seriously, this dish was something to get excited about!)

5) I normally can't quiet my mouth when excited.
  
 Needless to say, surprise parties are not the best thing for me; I very nearly implode.  I share this with you because tonight's post involves some things I am very excited about.  I wasn't going to write it all down, but then thought that in seven or so weeks (when midterms roll around) I will need proof that  I actually thought/said these things.


I love learning.  I've shared this in an earlier post, but I TRULY LOVE LEARNING.  Right now my brain is a little bit full of new terms and sorts, but I still am so thrilled and feel privileged to be sitting in a classroom and learning.  More importantly, learning about things which I am passionate about: scripture, how God works in our lives through His Holy Words, the ancient texts, the acts of worship, what role young adults play in our church, and oh so much more.  I should not be amazed, but I am a bit at how passionate my professors are in teaching.  I've been SO blessed in my life to have benefited from such passionate pedagogues since Day 1!  And the shape these teachers take does go beyond the classroom as well...


Anyways, I digress.  I am excited to be learning.  I feel as though I am a sponge; I'm here to soak it all in.  I'm here so "God can use me".  Even after a long day of classes and reading and homework, I am still excited.  You might be reading this thinking, "how can you be excited with all the work in the world?"  Friends, that is the good news!  Jesus Christ is at work in the world right now!  Our God works in wondrous and mysterious ways; most often, our God works in each and every one of us, not just the "big wigs" of the church.  (In case you forgot, Jesus even reminds us of how God works...Matthew 11:25-26  Abruptly Jesus broke into prayer: "Thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth. You've concealed your ways from sophisticates and know-it-alls, but spelled them out clearly to ordinary people. Yes, Father, that's the way you like to work." (The Message))  


I am excited to be a part of Jesus Christ at work in this world along side with my peers, my church family, my friends and family, and more. To quote my professor, "Can I get an Amen?"


Gracious God, you give us so many emotions to feel on this earth in which we don't always say thank you for.  Thank you for the joy and excitement you provide in a dark and muted world.  I give you praise for the teachers in my life.  I give you thanks for all who preach the gospel of Jesus Christ in the many ways the can.  I ask for courage to continue in exciting others in this world.  In your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment