Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Favorite Things

Has it really been 5 days since I've posted?  Yikes!  This blog is a priority, but I ask for patience (and forgiveness) seeing as last week was orientation and beginning of classes.  

I have some postings regarding convocation, beginning of classes, and orientation, no worries; but tonight I wanted to share what really is on my mind.  This.   It is not a virus, just an entertaining version of the Alef Bet.  Alef Bet = Hebrew Alphabet.  This was me tonight finishing homework - apparently it is an entire bed type of work.  
And that lovely piece of tissue is my eraser (not a dirty nose tissue).  My mind is full of Hebrew letters and sounds and about ready to turn in for the night. 

I will say that I've had some time today to reflect on the 10 years that has passed since that act of terrorism that changed so many lives.  I think not only of that day, but the days that have since followed.  I think of the 2 million plus soldiers who have signed up to serve our nation in this war, some who were children when the towers fell.  I think of the 2 million families they belong to.  I think of the 4,000 plus soldiers who have fallen in this war.  I think of the 4,000 families who lost a son, daughter, mother, father, brother, sister, husband or wife.  I think of the 30,000 plus soldiers who have been wounded and how their lives have changed.  I think of our leaders, past and present, and how much of a toll this has taken on their lives, their families, and more.  I think of those who "lost" their faith that morning in addition to friends and family.  I  think about those unable to forgive and those who abundantly give forgiveness.  

All in all, I think.  

Prayer: Prayers of peace to all those who lost friends or family. Prayers of healing to all 

those who have lost a loved one in the war that continues today. Prayers of safety for all

those who serve our country in all ways. Prayers of guidance for our leaders for the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment